The other night, I was craving that crunchy, saltiness that you can really only get from a good, crispy cracker. So I did a little late night recipe experimentation, and BAM! Paleo crackers were born! These little squares of goodness pack just the right amount of savoury, crunchy flavour, and are delicious on their own, smeared with butter, or sandwiched with cheese! Craving satisfied!
Grain Free, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free
Yields 9-12 crackers
1/4 cup almond flour
1/8 cup arrowroot flour
1/8 cup ground flaxseed
1 tbsp. whole flaxseeds
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
1/8 cup egg whites
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 1/8 inch thick.
3. Bake for 13 minutes, then cut into squares and bake for about 5 more minutes, until edges are slightly crisp.
4. Add more salt to top of crackers if desired.
5. Eat warm with butter, or allow them to cool for ultimate crispiness!